Dr. Carla Yamashiro Performs Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique in Bonney Lake, Washington
Gum recession breakthrough treatment also known as Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™ and Lunchtime Gum Lift™
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST®), invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S., is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for treating gum recession.
This procedure is performed by making a small hole with a needle in the gum tissue. Using specially designed instruments, the gum tissue is loosened and guided over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no incision or suturing, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Most patients also are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
To learn more about the Pinhole® Surgical Technique, please contact our office.
Call Today: (253) 863-7005
Before & After Gallery
In the News
Frequently Asked Questions
What is gum recession?
Gum recession refers to the loss of gum tissue along the gumline. This can occur as a result of periodontal disease (gingivitis, periodontitis, advanced periodontitis), the natural aging process, or abrasive habits when it comes to brushing the teeth.
Why should gum recession be taken seriously?
When gum recession occurs, the root structure of the tooth becomes exposed. This means that tooth decay and other problems can affect the teeth along the gumline and beneath it. Since healthy gums are essential for a healthy mouth, getting gum recession treated is important for lasting dental wellness.
What is Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique is a minimally invasive option for treating gum recession. Unlike traditional grafting techniques, PST is scalpel and suture free.
All of the tools and techniques used to perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique were created by Dr. John Chao.
How does Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique differ from traditional gum grafting?
Traditional gum recession treatments involve the use of donor tissue or soft tissue grafts in order to rebuild the gumline. This soft tissue would be sutured in place and would join with existing gum tissue as it healed. While this traditional grafting treatment is effective, comparable results with better patient experience can be achieved through the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique.
How is Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique performed?
During the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a needle is used to make a small hole in the patient's existing gum tissue. Through this pinhole, special instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue. These tools help expand and slide the gumline to cover the exposed root structure. There are no grafts, no sutures, and no incisions needed with the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. It simply involves the adjustment of the existing tissue.
What are the benefits of Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
The benefits of the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique are many:
- Less Discomfort for the patient after treatment.
- Faster recovery for the patient than traditional grafting.
- No need for uncomfortable sutures.
- No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools.
- No need to take donor tissue from the patients palate.
- Excellent, natural-looking, long-lasting results.
Meet Carla Yamashiro, DDS, NMD, IBDM
Certified Pinhole Surgical Technique Dentist Bonney Lake, WA
"My approach to dentistry is holistic. Your mouth is a reflection of what's happening throughout your entire body and can tell me a lot about your overall health. Our body constantly works toward maintaining balance or homeostasis. In an environment that supports this balance, we heal.
My job is to support your healing process by providing advanced technology that offers you less invasive procedures and using the least toxic materials available for healthier choices.
When you become my patient, I want to know your health and dental goals. By knowing what's important to you, I am able to share what I've learned and provide the best solutions to support you. My wish is for you to leave each visit at Ecologic Dentistry with a greater feeling of well-being than when you arrived."
Education credentials in dental medicine include:
- American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry – School of Integrative Biologic Dental Medicine – integrative biologic dental medicine certificate & naturopathic physician certificate
- University of Missouri at Kansas City – Advanced Education in General Dentistry – advanced education in general dentistry certificate
- University of Missouri at Kansas City – doctor of dental surgery degree
Additional Education credentials and certificates:
- University of Hawai'i at Mānoa – bachelor's degree in secondary education, music
- Aisen Shiatsu – Massage Therapy, licensed shiatsu practitioner
- Jikiden Reiki Association – Jikiden Reiki Practitioner Certificate
- Biological Decoding, Enrique Bouron – Biological Decoding Certificate
- Cyberscan – Training Certificate
Request an Appointment
Send us an e-mail and we will contact you shortly!
8412 Myers Rd E. Ste 301
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Give us a Call